Jul 16 2014
This release includes an updated GEOIP data file.
Jun 11 2014
I am now happy with the stability and functionality of the Windows version of SelekTOR 3 and have now made it available for purchase.
My apologies for the time it has taken for me to get it stable, being a full time dad has eaten into the time I have available to work on my pet projects.
Jun 1 2014
1) Fixed testing cycle hanging.
2) Removed runtime limitation on Windows Trial version.
3) Removed unlicensed expiry on Windows Trial version.
4) Removed timed nag dialog on Windows Trial version.
5) The Windows Trial version now only has a single limitation (No BBC).
May 28 2014
1) Some minor tweaks to circuit building which should slightly speed up node activation.
2) Some preparation work to switch from blacklisting to whitelisting in order to handle the filtering of
good geoblock bypass nodes more effectively which thankfully will also mean less frequent maintenance
work for me in the future as their seems to be quite a few nodes coming and going and keeping track can
be time consuming.
This should happen within the next couple of releases.
May 28 2014
A few fixes on this one:
1) Made changes to the default settings applied to the Tor client on startup in order to prevent “No Circuits Available” appearing in all the testing threads which would prevent any further circuit testing/building from occurring.
I am monitoring this bug as its been a hard one to pin down, I have tested the fix over a period of 36 hours and so far it appears to work fine but if it should raise its ugly head up in the future, I have another fix ready and waiting to go.
2) Implemented blacklisting of nodes in Geoblock mode only in order to fix the BBC access problem.
To access the BBC and the other channels go into preferences and ensure the following options are unchecked “Stable Nodes Only”, “Allow Un-Named nodes” and ensure that “GeoBlock Mode, Recommended nodes only” is checked and click Apply.These measures will ensure that only nodes that work with the BBC will be made available in Geoblock bypass mode and hopefully for the majority restore access to the BBC’s iplayer.
May 22 2014
This contains a large number of fixes, mostly related to stability/crashes etc.
I am currently testing a few solutions for the BBC access problem, so far the prospects are looking good and I have working access here in the USA, I will make the solution available once I am happy with it either in the form of an updated SelekTOR or via the remote blacklist mechanism.
I am still not happy with my various solutions to the BBC problem as yet.
The reliability is very intermittent and seems very dependent on just a select few nodes.
So in a nutshell no fixes as yet.
May 20 2014
Bad news i’m afraid the BBC will no longer work with SelekTOR or any other proxy based bypass method as they are now effectively blocking proxies.
The commercial channels ITV, STV and Channel 4 still work at this time.
A new version of SelekTOR will be released soon, its another stability update.
Things may not be so bad after all and access might be restored please see the link below for more information from the BBC regarding this access issue
May 10 2014
Another round of stability improvements for both Linux and Windows versions.
Optimised to run better on low end machines, tested on a Pentium 3, 1GHz with 360Mb ram remember those, well it is perfectly use-able on this setup running a heavily optimised Linux Mint 16 XFCE 32bit.
Welcome to Dazzleships Dot Net the personal website of Alistair Neil.
Dazzle Ships in this case refers to one of my favourite albums released by my favourite band OMD.
Dazzle also refers to a style of camouflage used on naval vessels during WWI & II.
I also provide a selection of software for the Linux & Windows platforms related to my other interests.