Nov 18 2011
SelekTOR for Windows allows you to watch online content provided by UK TV companies from anywhere in the world.
The technical bit (you can skip this if your not interested in how it works).
SelekTOR uses the Tor client to access the Tor network and the upshot of this is that some of your web traffic dictated by URL patterns is effectively given a new IP address via a Socks proxy based on the exit country you select, in this case the UK, and thus bypass the web block for more in depth information on Tor see The Tor Project.
IMPORTANT: SelekTOR will attempt to bypass the Geo Block notification on specific third party sites, any issues/errors encountered after the notification point are the responsibility of the third party site owners and should not be referred to Dazzleships Dot Net.
Ok lets get everything installed:
2) Install the latest Adobe Flash Player if you don’t have it already, as you will need it to actually view the media content.
3) Ensure the latest Oracle Java Runtime 7 is installed, Java 6 is not supported.
4) Now download and install the trial version of SelekTOR for Windows.
Install in the usual Windows manner by using the setup exe.
5) Go to your Windows Start menu or the desktop icon and start SelekTOR.
6) Go to preferences and ensure that “Auto Install Latest Patterns” is checked, if not check it and Apply new preferences then re-start SelekTOR and the latest patterns will be installed automatically.
7) For best performance wait for SelekTOR to complete its first node testing cycle at which time you will be assigned to the fastest performing tor exit node and your browser experience will be far more responsive.
8) Troubleshooting tips if you should have problems:
Ensure no other browser proxy add-ons such as Foxyproxy are enabled.
Ensure that if you have Vidalia installed that it is disabled, or remove it.
Ensure that your browsers proxy settings are set to “Use System Proxy settings” in the case of Firefox and in Chrome that none of the proxy options are selected.
See the SelekTOR page, for more detailed instructions if you need them.
9) If you like this software please consider purchasing a license.