What is SelekTOR good for ?
SelekTOR for Windows is a Java based GUI frontend for Tor running in client mode, it acts as a Tor launcher and exit node chooser for browsers that support system proxying using PAC files.Fusion
What is SelekTOR not good for ?
SelekTOR is not suitable for running a Tor relay please consult the Tor Project for running and configuring Tor as a relay.
Windows License now only $11.95.
A license removes all trial limitations and free updates for a minimum of 1 year (maybe longer).
See changelog hereSHA256: 8588c3784bdc418ae92c76654e4b263ae46af8c1cf4e529d418505a40ab751ee
- Support for Google Chrome, Chromium, Firefox and most Mozilla based browsers without the need for add-ons.
- Can be used with Privoxy.
- You can quickly select Tor exit nodes by country.
- Greatly simplifies the usage and configuration of Tor in client mode, SelekTOR does most of the hard stuff for you.
- Nodes are now filtered to ensure that they support HTTP & HTTPS, and thus ensuring greater reliability when used with web browsers.
- Will continuously monitor and maintain a connection to the exit node with the best response time, with as little downtime as possible when switching.
- As well as proxying all traffic through the active Tor node, SelekTOR can also do selective routing of traffic through the active tor circuit based on URL patterns.
- Whois and Atlas Node details (pretty graphs) available with a single mouse click..
- Needs very little configuration, the installation defaults will work for most people out of the box.
- Currently supported on Windows 7 and 10, it also runs on Windows 8, XP, Vista but is not supported on those platforms.
- Built in proxy pattern editor, Import and Export pattern files as a single zip file.
- Requires Oracle Java 7 or better for Windows
- The latest Tor stable 0.2.9.9 is included with SelekTOR.
- Languages supported, English only.
- You are allowed to run up to 3 machines on a single user license, any more than that then you should purchase additional licenses.
1) Install one of the supported browsers.
2) Ensure that your chosen browser is configured to use the operating system settings for proxying, this is normally the installation default for most browsers.
3) Ensure latest Java (JRE) runtime is installed prior to installing SelekTOR (VERY IMPORTANT) you can get the latest release of the Java runtime here Oracle Java.
4) Run the SelekTOR_Setup.exe and proceed to install.